About the Authors
- Clare Oliver-Williams, Angela M. Wood
- Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Michael Fleming, Kirsten Monteath
- Information Services Division, NHS National Services Scotland, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Gordon C. S. Smith
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
GCSS is a member of the Editorial Board of PLOS Medicine. GCSS has acted as a paid consultant to GSK around therapeutic approaches to preterm birth. GCSS is named on a US patent (US61/253936) for the administration of paraoxonase 3 to preterm human infants as a therapeutic product. The authors have declared there are no other competing interests.
Conceived and designed the experiments: GCSS. Performed the experiments: COW AMW GCSS. Analyzed the data: COW AMW GCSS. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: COW MF KM AMW GCSS. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: COW GCSS. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: COW MF KM AMW GCSS. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: COW MF KM AMW GCSS. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: COW MF KM AMW GCSS. Performed record linkage and selected data for analysis: MF KM.