About the Authors
- Sanjay Basu
- Prevention Research Center; Centers for Health Policy, Primary Care and Outcomes Research; Center on Poverty and Inequality; and Cardiovascular Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
- Sanjay Basu, David Stuckler
- Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Sukumar Vellakkal, Sutapa Agrawal, Shah Ebrahim
- South Asia Network for Chronic Disease, Public Health Foundation of India, New Delhi, India
- David Stuckler
- Department of Sociology, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Barry Popkin
- School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the Carolina Population Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
- Shah Ebrahim
- Department of Non-Communicable Disease Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
BP spoke on hydration at a symposium sponsored by Danome Water at The Nutrition Society (British), assisted colleagues at the National Institute of Public Health in Mexico with a grant on SSBs vs. water funded by Danome Water, and was a coinvestigator on another RCT of water vs. diet beverages vs. SSB funded by Nestlé. DS is a member of the Editorial Board of PLOS Medicine.
Conceived and designed the experiments: SB DS SE. Performed the experiments: SB SV SA. Analyzed the data: SB SV SA BP. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: SB SV SA BP. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: SB. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: SB SV SA DS BP SE. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: SB SV SA DS BP SE. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: SB SV SA DS BP SE.