About the Authors
- Lone Simonsen
- Department of Global Health, George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
- Lone Simonsen, Roger Lustig, Robert J. Taylor
- Sage Analytica, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Peter Spreeuwenberg, Madelon Kroneman, W. John Paget
- Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Douglas M. Fleming
- Royal College of General Practitioners, London, United Kingdom
- Maria D. Van Kerkhove
- Medical Research Council Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
- Maria D. Van Kerkhove, Anthony W. Mounts
- Global Influenza Programme, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
LS has provided consultancy services to GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and served on expert advisory boards for GSK, Roche, Pfizer, Merck, and Novartis. LS and RJT have an ownership interest in Sage Analytica, a consultancy in epidemiology and bioinformatics. DMF has provided consultancy services for GSK, Novartis, and MedImmune relating to influenza epidemiology and vaccine effectiveness and has been supported to attend international influenza meetings. WJP has served on an influenza advisory board for GSK.
Conceived and designed the experiments: LS WJP DMF. Performed the experiments: LS PS RL. Analyzed the data: LS PS RL RJT WJP DMF. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: AWM MDVK. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: LS RJT WJP MK PS. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: LS RJT WJP MK DMF PS RL AWM MDVK. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: LS RJT WJP MK DMF PS RL AWM MDVK. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: LS RJT WJP MK DMF PS RL AWM MDVK.