About the Authors
- Katie Gallacher, Deborah Morrison, Bhautesh Jani, Sara Macdonald, Frances S. Mair
- General Practice and Primary Care, Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Carl R. May
- Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- Victor M. Montori, Patricia J. Erwin, David T. Eton
- Knowledge and Encounter Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, United States of America
- G. David Batty
- Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, United Kingdom
- G. David Batty
- Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Peter Langhorne
- Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
DTE is currently receiving federal funding from the U.S. National Institutes of Health (National Institute of Nursing Research) to conduct research on the burden of treatment concept. Grant number: 1R21NR012984-01A1. FSM and CRM have also received funding from the ESRC previously to help develop a NPT web enabled toolkit. All other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: KG DM BJ SM CRM VMM PJE GDB DTE PL FSM. Analyzed the data: KG DM BJ SM CRM VMM FSM. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: KG CRM VMM FSM. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: KG FSM. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: KG DM BJ SM CRM VMM PJE GDB DTE PL FSM. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: KG DM BJ SM CRM VMM PJE GDB DTE PL FSM. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: KG DM BJ SM CRM VMM PJE GDB DTE PL FSM. Designed the search strategy: PJE.