About the Authors
- Jürgen Barth, Thomas Munder, Heike Gerger, Eveline Nüesch, Sven Trelle, Peter Jüni
- Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
- Eveline Nüesch, Sven Trelle, Peter Jüni
- CTU Bern, Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
- Eveline Nüesch
- Faculty of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Hansjörg Znoj
- Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University Bern, Bern, Switzerland
- Pim Cuijpers
- Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PJ is an unpaid member of steering group or executive committee of trials funded by Abbott Vascular, Biosensors, Medtronic and St. Jude Medical. CTU Bern, which is part of the University of Bern, has a staff policy of not accepting individual honoraria or consultancy fees. However, CTU Bern is involved in design, conduct, or analysis of clinical studies funded by Abbott Vascular, Ablynx, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Biosensors, Biotronic, Boehrhinger Ingelheim, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Exelixis, Geron, Gilead Sciences, Nestlé, Novartis, Novo Nordisc, Padma, Roche, Schering-Plough, St. Jude Medical, and Swiss Cardio Technologies. The other authors declare that no competing interests exist.
Analyzed the data: EN ST JB TM PJ. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: JB TM PJ. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: JB TM HG EN ST HJZ PJ PC. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: JB TM HG EN ST HJZ PJ PC. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: JB TM HG EN ST HJZ PJ PC.