About the Authors
- Allisyn C. Moran, Deborah Sitrin, Tanya Guenther, Claudia S. Morrissey
- Save the Children, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
- Kate Kerber, Joy E. Lawn
- Save the Children, Cape Town, South Africa
- Kate Kerber
- University of Western Cape, Belleville, South Africa
- Holly Newby
- Statistics and Monitoring Section, Division of Policy and Strategy, United Nations Children's Fund, New York, New York, United States of America
- Joy Fishel, P. Stan Yoder
- ICF International, Calverton, Maryland, United States of America
- Zelee Hill
- Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conducted qualitative study in Bangladesh and Malawi: PSY. Conducted qualitative study in Ghana: ZH. Presented DHS analyses at TWG meetings: JF. Key member of discussions at TWG meetings and presentation of UNICEF data and recommendations: HN. Initiator of TWG and key technical input into newborn indicators: JL. Analyzed the data: KK DS TG . Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: AM KK DS TG. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: CM HN JF JL PSY ZH. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: AM KK DS TG CM HN JF PSY ZH JL. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: AM KK DS TG CM HN JF PSY ZH JL.