About the Authors
- Emily Banks, Grace Joshy, Rosemary J. Korda
- National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Emily Banks
- The Sax Institute, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Walter P. Abhayaratna
- College of Medicine, Biology and the Environment, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
- Leonard Kritharides
- Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Peter S. Macdonald
- Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- John P. Chalmers
- The George Institute for Global Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
JC has received research grants from Servier, administered through the University of Sydney and The George Institute, as principal investigator for the ADVANCE trial and ADVANCE-ON post trial follow-up study, and have received honoraria from Servier for speaking about ADVANCE at Scientific meetings. PM has received payment from Pfizer for giving a lecture on the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. All other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: EB GJ JPC WA LK PSM. Analyzed the data: GJ. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: EB GJ. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: EB GJ WA LK PSM RK JPC. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: EB GJ WA LK PSM RK JPC. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: EB GJ WPA LK PSM RK JPC.