About the Authors
- Aaron Orkin, David VanderBurgh
- Division of Clinical Sciences, Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Thunder Bay, Canada
- Aaron Orkin
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Karen Born
- Institute of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Mike Webster
- Hamilton Emergency Services, Hamilton, Canada
- Sarah Strickland
- Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
- Jackson Beardy
- Sachigo Lake First Nation, Canada
AO, DV and SS have worked for Wilderness Medical Associates International, a wilderness medicine education organization. MW is director of Wilderness Medical Associates International. This organization was not involved in the research submitted as part of this manuscript but does provide medical training to laypersons in remote/wilderness contexts. All other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Analyzed the data: AO DV KB JB. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: AO DV. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: AO DV KB MW SS JB. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: AO DV KB MW SS JB. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: AO DV KB MW SS JB.