About the Authors
- Jicheng Lv, Bruce Neal, Parya Ehteshami, Mark Woodward, Anthony Rodgers, Stephen MacMahon, Fiona Turnbull, Graham Hillis, John Chalmers, Vlado Perkovic
- The George Institute for Global Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Jicheng Lv, Haiyan Wang
- Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
- Mark Woodward
- Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Toshiharu Ninomiya
- Department of Medicine and Clinical Science Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Japan
JL has received grant support from Pfizer for hypertension research. VP, MW, SM, and JC have received honoraria from Servier for scientific presentations relating to blood pressure. SM and JC were principal investigators on ADVANCE, a blood pressure lowering trial funded by Servier and the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council. BN has received BP-related research support from Servier, and honoraria for scientific presentations related to blood pressure from Novartis, Tanabe, and Servier. AR has received an unrestricted grant from Dr Reddy’s Laboratories for a trial that includes blood pressure-lowering agents. PE, FT, TN, HW, and GH declare they have no competing interests.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JL VP. Performed the experiments: JL PE. Analyzed the data: JL BN PE VP. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: JL. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: JL BN PE VP. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: JL BN PE TN MW AR HW SM FT GH JC VP. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: JL BN PE TN MW AR HW SM FT GH JC VP. Contributed to data interpretation and critical revision of the report: TN MW AR HW SM FT GH JC.