About the Authors
- Madhavi Bajekal, Shaun Scholes, Rosalind Raine
- Department of Applied Health Research, University College London, London, United Kingdom
- Hande Love
- Pensions and Annuity Group, Legal and General Assurance Society Limited, Kingswood, United Kingdom
- Nathaniel Hawkins
- Institute of Cardiovascular Medicine & Science, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Martin O'Flaherty, Simon Capewell
- Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
The following competing interests have been declared. (1) MB, SS, HL have support from Legal and General Assurance Society Limited for the submitted work; (2) NH, MOF, RR, SC have no relationships with Legal and General Assurance Society Limited that might have an interest in the submitted work in the previous 3 years; (3) their spouses, partners, or children have no financial relationships that may be relevant to the submitted work; and (4) MB, SS, HL, MOF, NH, RR have no nonfinancial interests that may be relevant to the submitted work; SC was a member of the NICE Programme Development Group on CVD Prevention in Populations. However, this article does not necessarily represent the views of NICE. The authors have declared that no other competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: SC RR MB. Analyzed the data: MB SS HL MOH NH RR SC. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: MB. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: SS HL MOH NH RR SC. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: MB SS HL MOH NH RR SC. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: MB SS HL MOH NH RR SC. Extracted data and populated the model: HL SS. Project lead: MB. Supervised the research: SC RR.