About the Authors
- Keith Hawton, Helen Bergen, Sue Simkin
- Centre for Suicide Research, University of Oxford Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Claudia Wells
- Office for National Statistics, Government Buildings, Newport, United Kingdom
- Navneet Kapur
- Centre for Suicide Prevention, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
- David Gunnell
- School of Social and Community Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
KH and SS were temporary advisors to the MHRA for its evaluation of the efficacy and safety profile of co-proxamol. CW works for the Office for National Statistics. All other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: KH HB SS. Analyzed the data: HB. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: CW. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: KH HB. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: KH HB SS CW NK DG. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: KH HB SS CW NK DG. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: KH HB SS CW NK DG.