About the Authors
- Ryan McBain, Theresa S. Betancourt
- Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Daniel J. Norton
- Department of Psychology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Jodi Morris, M. Taghi Yasamy
- Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
JM and MTY are WHO employees. The authors are responsible for the views expressed in this publication. These views do not necessarily represent the decisions, policy, or views of the World Health Organization. All other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: RM JM TSB. Analyzed the data: RM DJN. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: RM JM MTY. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: RM. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: RM DJN JM MTY TSB. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: RM DJN JM MTY TSB. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: RM DJN JM MTY TSB. Data were collected by focal points within each of the countries that participated in WHO-AIMS. Please see the Acknowledgments section for further details.