About the Authors
- Grant A. Mackenzie, Ian D. Plumb, Debasish Saha, Uchendu Uchendu, Bolanle Akinsola, Usman N. Ikumapayi, Ignatius Baldeh, Effua Usuf, Kebba Touray, Momodou Jasseh, Stephen R. C. Howie, Andre Wattiaux, Richard A. Adegbola, Philip C. Hill
- MRC Unit, Fajara and Basse stations, The Gambia, West Africa
- Sana Sambou, Effua Usuf
- Disease Control Programme, Department of State for Health, Government of The Gambia, The Quadrangle, Banjul, The Gambia, West Africa
- Ellen Lee, Maria Deloria Knoll, Orin S. Levine
- PneumoADIP, International Vaccine Access Centre, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Brian M. Greenwood
- Infectious & Tropical Diseases Department, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Richard A. Adegbola
- Global Health, Infectious Diseases Division, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Philip C. Hill
- Centre for International Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: GM IP SS MJ SH AW EL MK OL BG RA PH. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: UU BA UI RA DS. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: PH GM IP. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: PH GM IP SS DS UU BA UI IB EU KT MJ SH AW EL MK OL BG RA PH. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: PH GM IP SS DS UU BA UI IB EU KT MJ SH AW EL MK OL BG RA PH. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: PH GM IP SS DS UU BA UI IB EU KT MJ SH AW EL MK OL BG RA PH.