About the Authors
- Ronan A. Lyons, Steven Macey, Belinda J. Gabbe
- Centre for Health Information Research and Evaluation, College of Medicine, Swansea University, United Kingdom
- Denise Kendrick, Carol Coupland
- Division of Primary Care, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Elizabeth M. Towner
- Centre for Child and Adolescent Health, University of the West of England, Oakfield House, Bristol, United Kingdom
- Nicola Christie
- Centre for Transport Studies, University College London, London, United Kingdom
- Belinda J. Gabbe
- School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
DK's research is/has been funded by the NIHR, The Department of Health, the MRC, the US Dept of Health and Human Services, the Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire Research Alliance. Nottingham Fire and Rescue Service, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, the European Commission, the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister and the Royal College of General Practitioners. DK was a co-opted member of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence guideline development group for public health guidance 29 - strategies to prevent unintentional injury in children aged under 15 years and provided expert testimony to the guideline development group on inequities in child injury. All other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: RAL DK EMT NC SM CC BJG. Performed the experiments: RAL DK EMT NC SM CC BJG. Analyzed the data: RAL DK SM CC BJG. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: RAL DK EMT NC SM BJG. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: RAL DK EMT NC SM CC BJG. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: RAL DK EMT NC SM CC BJG. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: RAL DK EMT NC SM CC BJG.