About the Authors
- Gary J. Fooks, Anna B. Gilmore, Katherine E. Smith
- School for Health, University of Bath, Bath, United Kingdom
- Jeff Collin
- Centre for International Public Health Policy, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Anna B. Gilmore, Kelley Lee
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Chris Holden
- Department of Social Policy and Social Work, University of York, York, United Kingdom
JC and ABG were part of a WHO Tobacco Free Initiative (TFI) Expert Committee convened to develop recommendations on how to address tobacco industry interference with tobacco control policy, and as such travel to a meeting in Washington D.C. was reimbursed by WHO TFI. ABG was previously an unpaid Board member of Action on Smoking and Health. KL is on the Editorial Board of PLoS Medicine.
Analyzed the data: GJF ABG CH KL. Designed the experiment/study: GJF ABG JC. Collected data/did experiments for the study: GJF. Wrote the first draft: GJF. Contributed to the writing of the paper: ICMJE criteria for authorship: GJF ABG KES JC CH KL. Results and conclusions: GJF ABG KES JC CH KL.