About the Authors
- Charles D. A. Wolfe, Siobhan L. Crichton, Peter U. Heuschmann, Christopher J. McKevitt, André M. Toschke, Andy P. Grieve, Anthony G. Rudd
- Division of Health and Social Care Research, King's College London, London, United Kingdom
- Charles D. A. Wolfe, Anthony G. Rudd
- National Institute for Health Research Comprehensive Biomedical Research Centre, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and King's College London, London, United Kingdom
- Peter U. Heuschmann
- Centre for Stroke Research Berlin, Charite—Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- André M. Toschke
- Department of Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
APG has consultancy agreements with Pfizer Global R&D, Takeda Global R&D (Europe), Cytel, Novartis, GSK, Viphor, Helsinn, and Eli Lilly. PUH has in the past 5 years had unrestricted research grants in the area of stroke from the German Ministry of Research and Education, the European Union, the Stanley Thomas Johnson Foundation, the University of Erlangen, and the German Stroke Foundation. AMT, named as a contributing author on this paper, died before the paper was formally accepted for publication. The other authors declare no competing interests.
Conceived and designed the experiments: CDW AGR APG CJM. Performed the experiments: 0. Analyzed the data: SLC APG AMT PUH. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: 0. First draft: CDW CJM AGR. Wrote the paper: CDW PUH CJM AGR. ICMJE criteria for authorship: CDW SLC PUH CJM AMT APG AGR. Results and conclusions: CDW SLC PUH CJM AMT APG AGR. Enrolled patients: CDW AGR PUH.