About the Authors
- Gerardo Chowell
- Mathematical, Computational & Modeling Sciences Center, School of Human Evolution and Social Change, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
- Gerardo Chowell, Cécile Viboud, Lone Simonsen, James Tamerius, Mark A. Miller
- Division of Epidemiology and Population Studies, Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Santiago Echevarría-Zuno
- Dirección de Prestaciones Médicas, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico City
- Lone Simonsen
- Department of Global Health, School of Public Health and Health Services, George Washington University, Washington (D.C.), United States of America
- James Tamerius
- School of Geography and Development, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
- Víctor H. Borja-Aburto
- Coordinación de Vigilancia Epidemiológica y Apoyo en Contingencias Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mier y Pesado 120, México, México
LS received consulting fees from SDI, a health data warehouse business in Pennsylvania, and received research support from Pfizer for a pneumococcal vaccine study, but this is not relevant to the topic of this paper. MAM has been named on a US government patent for an experimental influenza vaccine as required by Federal requirements.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: GC SEZ CV LS JT MAM VHBA. Agree with the manuscript's results and conclusions: GC SEZ CV LS JT MAM VHBA. Designed the experiments/the study: GC SEZ CV LS VHBA. Analyzed the data: GC CV VHBA. Collected data/did experiments for the study: GC SEZ VHBA. Enrolled patients: SEZ VHBA. Wrote the first draft of the paper: GC. Contributed to the writing of the paper: GC SEZ CV LS MAM VHBA. Developed the absolute humidity database: JT.