About the Authors
- Clement Zeh, Timothy Thomas
- Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Kisumu, Kenya
- Paul J. Weidle, Michael C. Thigpen, Timothy Thomas
- Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Lillian Nafisa, Humphrey M. Lwamba, Jully Okonji, Emily Anyango, Philip Bondo, Rose Masaba
- Centre for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kisumu, Kenya
- Mary Glenn Fowler
- Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Department of Pathology, Baltimore, Maryland Onsite at Makerere University, Johns Hopkins University Research Collaboration, Kampala, Uganda
- John N. Nkengasong
- Division of Global HIV/AIDS, Center for Global Health, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
The Academic Editor, Lynne Mofenson, has disclosed that she worked with authors MGF and MCT on other projects unrelated to the study reported in this paper. The authors have no competing interests to declare.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: CZ PJW LN HML JO EA PB RM MGF JNN MCT TT. Agree with the manuscript's results and conclusions: CZ PJW LN HML JO EA PB RM MGF JNN MCT TT. Designed the experiments/the study: CZ PJW PB MGF JNN MCT TT. Analyzed the data: CZ PJW LN HML JO EA MCT. Collected data/did experiments for the study: CZ LN HML JO EA PB RM MCT TT. Enrolled patients: RM TT. Wrote the first draft of the paper: CZ PJW. Contributed to the writing of the paper: CZ LN HML JO PB MGF JNN MCT TT. Contributed to the review of the manuscript: EA. Contributed to the study design, responsible for data integrity, reviewed the paper: RM. Participated actively in the original design of the overall Kibs clinical trial including the plan to store samples and analyze for resistance in both mothers and babies; worked with the first author and other coauthors on multiple drafts leading to the current manuscript: MGF.