About the Authors
- Susan S. Huang
- Division of Infectious Diseases and Health Policy Research Institute, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, California, United States of America
- Susan S. Huang, Deborah S. Yokoe, Richard Platt
- Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- John Stelling, Thomas F. O'Brien, Michael S. Calderwood
- Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Hilary Placzek
- Department of Clinical and Population Health Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School - Worcester, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Martin Kulldorff, Ken Kleinman, Julie Dunn, Richard Platt
- Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Johanna Vostok
- Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
RP has received research grants from Sanofi-Aventis, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and TAP Pharmaceuticals in the past two years. DSY has received research support from Sage Products. MK developed the space-time permutation scan statistic method and the free SaTScan software that were used and evaluated in the study. All other authors report no disclosures.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: SSH DSY JS HP MK KK TFO MSC JV JD RP. Agree with the manuscript's results and conclusions: SSH DSY JS HP MK KK TFO MSC JV JD RP. Designed the experiments/the study: SSH DSY JS MK RP. Analyzed the data: SSH DSY JS HP MK JD. Collected data/did experiments for the study: SSH DSY JS HP TFO MSC JD. Wrote the first draft of the paper: SSH. Contributed to the writing of the paper: DSY JS HP MK KK TFO MSC RP. Interpreted the results: MK. Co-developed the data collection system that made the study possible: TFO. Developed tool for data collection: JV.