About the Authors
- Aziz Sheikh, Laila Halani, Mark Levy
- Allergy & Respiratory Research Group, Centre for Population Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Raj Bhopal
- Centre for Population Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Gopalakrishnan Netuveli, Josip Car
- Division of Epidemiology, Public Health and Primary Care, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Martyn R. Partridge
- National Heart & Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Chris Griffiths
- Medical Research Council (MRC)-Asthma UK Centre for Allergic Mechanisms in Asthma, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
ML has accepted sponsorship from GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Trinity-Cheisi, Merck Sharpe and Dohme, Merck, Altana Pharma, Novartis, Meda Pharmaceuticals, Schering Plough, and Bohringer Ingelheim for attending conferences. He has accepted lecture fees from Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, and Alk-Abello. He has been on advisory boards or provided consultancy for Schering Plough, Merck Sharp and Dohme, Glaxo SmithKline, Trinity-Cheisi, Altana Pharma, Ranbaxy, AstraZeneca, 3M Pharmaceuticals, and Novartis.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: AS LH RB GN MP JC CG ML. Agree with the manuscript's results and conclusions: AS LH RB GN MP JC CG ML. Designed the experiments/the study: AS RB JC CG. Analyzed the data: AS LH JC CG. Collected data/did experiments for the study: AS LH. Enrolled patients: AS LH MP ML. Wrote the first draft of the paper: LH. Contributed to the writing of the paper: AS LH RB GN MP JC CG ML. Helped interpret the findings: RB. Contributed to study design and operation: MP. Participated in one of the focus groups and checked transcript of the session: ML.