About the Authors
- Daniel Mäusezahl, Andri Christen, Gonzalo Duran Pacheco, Myriam Cevallos, Jan Hattendorf, Monica Daigl Cattaneo, Thomas A. Smith
- Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute (STI), University of Basel, Switzerland
- Fidel Alvarez Tellez
- Project Concern International (PCI), Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Mercedes Iriarte
- Centro de Aguas y Saneamiento Ambiental (CASA), Facultad de Tecnología, Universidad Mayor de San Simón (UMSS), Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Maria E. Zapata
- Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas (IIBISMED), Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Mayor de San Simon, Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Benjamin Arnold, John M. Colford Jr
- Centers for Occupational and Environmental Health and Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, Berkeley, University of California, Berkeley, California
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: DM AC GDP FAT MI MEZ MC JH MDC BA TAS JMC. Agree with the manuscript's results and conclusions: DM AC GDP FAT MI MEZ MC JH MDC BA TAS JMC. Designed the experiments/the study: DM TAS JMC. Analyzed the data: DM AC GDP JH MDC BA JMC. Collected data/did experiments for the study: AC MC MI. Enrolled patients: AC MC. Wrote the first draft of the paper: DM AC JH. Contributed to the writing of the paper: DM AC GDP MC JH MDC BA TAS JMC. Responsible on site for the overall study coordination and supervision: AC. Contributed to the laboratory studies specifically the microbiological monitoring of water quality: MI. Conducted analysis of stool specimen: MEZ. Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the field activities and field data collection team: MC. Administrative and technical support: JH. Advised on data analysis: TAS.