About the Authors
- Suerie Moon
- Giorgio Ruffolo Doctoral Research Fellow, Sustainability Science Program, Center for International Development, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Carmen Pérez Casas, Tido von Schoen-Angerer
- Campaign for Access to Essential Medicines, Médecins Sans Frontières, Geneva, Switzerland
- Jean-Marie Kindermans, Martin de Smet
- Médecins Sans Frontières, Brussels, Belgium
JMK was an unpaid member of the Committee on the Economics of Antimalarial Drugs for the Institute of Medicine 2004 report “Saving Lives, Buying Time: Economics of Malaria Drugs in an Age of Resistance,” which first proposed a subsidy. JMK and TvSA have been consulted as stakeholders during the preparation of the technical proposal of the AMFm, but none of the authors had any role in the design nor any other official role.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: SM CPC JMK MdS TvSA. Wrote the first draft of the paper: SM. Contributed to the writing of the paper: CPC JMK MdS TvSA. Conducted the price analysis and provided comments on the draft: CPC.