About the Authors
- Naveed Sattar, Paul Welsh, Stuart Cobbe, Gordon D. Lowe, Peter W. Macfarlane, David J. Stott, James Shepherd, Chris J. Packard
- Division of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
- Heather M. Murray, Ian Ford
- Robertson Centre for Biostatistics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
- Gerard J. Blauw, Anton J. M. de Craen, Rudi G. J. Westendorp
- Section of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Brendan M. Buckley, Michael B. Murphy
- Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
- J. Wouter Jukema
- Departments of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
SC received research funding and honoraria from Astra Zeneca, makers of rosuvastatin. JS is a consultant to Astra Zeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, MSD, and Pfizer, and is on the Speakers Bureau for Astra Zeneca and Pfizer.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: NS HMM PW GJB BMB SMC AJMdC GL JWJ PWM MBM DJS RGJW JS IF CJP. Agree with the manuscript's results and conclusions: NS HMM PW GJB BMB SMC AJMdC GL JWJ PWM MBM DJS RGJW JS IF CJP. Designed the experiments/the study: NS PW GJB BMB JWJ RGJW JS IF CJP. Analyzed the data: GJB BMB SMC GL JWJ PWM MBM DJS RGJW JS IF CJP. Collected data/did experiments for the study: NS HMM PW BMB AJMdC PWM RGJW IF CJP. Enrolled patients: GJB BMB AJMdC JWJ MBM RGJW JS. Wrote the first draft of the paper: NS PW. Contributed to the writing of the paper: NS HMM PW GJB BMB AJMdC GL JWJ PWM DJS RGJW JS IF CJP. Chaired Endpoints Committee for the PROSPER study, on which this article is based: SMC. Assay of fibrinogen and critical revision of article: GL. Leading investigator on Dutch team involved in PROSPER and coordinator of Dutch biobank: JWJ. Reviewed all study ECGs and was a member of the end points committee: PM. Endpoints committee member and adjudication of all possible vascular endpoints during the study: DJS. Director for the PROSPER study data centre and responsible for data capture, querying, and quality: IF.