About the Authors
- Leonie Callaway
- School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Leonie Callaway, Paul B. Colditz, Nicholas M. Fisk
- Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
- Paul B. Colditz, Nicholas M. Fisk
- University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
LC declares that she has no competing interests related to this Perspective. PBC was involved with the Micronutrient Initiative in lobbying for flour fortification in Australia and New Zealand. NMF was a member of the UK Advisory Board of Ferring Pharmaceuticals until 2007, has received recent travel funds from Ferring International, the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, and the North American Fetal Treatment Network, and acts as an expert witness in medicolegal litigation in obstetrics. Between 1996–2002, he was a member of a UK lobby group (chair Prof. N. Wald) to enrich commercial flour to prevent spina bifida.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: LC NMF PBC. Wrote the first draft of the paper: LC NMF. Contributed to the writing of the paper: PBC.