About the Authors
- Surender Khurana, Yonaira Rivera, Jody Manischewitz, Lisa R. King, Hana Golding
- Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Amorsolo L. Suguitan Jr., Kanta Subbarao
- Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Cameron P. Simmons
- Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Antonio Lanzavecchia, Federica Sallusto
- Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: SK ALS YR CPS AL FS JM LRK KS HG. Agree with the manuscript’s results and conclusions: SK ALS YR CPS AL FS JM LRK KS HG. Designed the experiments/the study: SK CPS KS HG. Analyzed the data: SK ALS YR CPS HG. Collected data/did experiments for the study: SK ALS YR JM LRK. Wrote the first draft of the paper: SK HG. Contributed to the writing of the paper: SK ALS CPS AL KS HG. Conducted virus neutralization assays involving H5N1 wild-type virus and performed preliminary work on evaluating the efficiency of synthetic peptides to block the neutralizing activity of H5 HA-specific hMAbs: ALS. Provided reagents: AL. Supervised the work done at IRB and provided human monoclonal antibodies: FS. Performed the microneutralization assay and analyzed the data from the assays: JM LRK. Designed some of the experiments: KS.