About the Authors
- Ian Ford, Vladimir Bezlyak
- Robertson Centre for Biostatistics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
- David J Stott
- Academic Section of Geriatric Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
- Naveed Sattar, Chris J Packard, James Shepherd
- Department of Vascular Biochemistry, North Glasgow Division, Greater Glasgow Health Board, Glasgow, Scotland
- Ivan Perry, Brendan M Buckley
- Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland
- J. Wouter Jukema
- Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Anton J. M de Craen, Rudi G. J Westendorp
- Section of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
JS reports that he was a consultant to Pfizer in the Treating to New Targets study and that he has been a speaker's bureau member for AstraZeneca and Pfizer.
IF, DJS, CJP, IP, BMB, JWJ, AJMdC, RGJW, and JS designed the study. IF, VB, NS, BMB, JWJ, RGJW, and JS analyzed the data. BMB, JWJ, RGJW, and JS enrolled patients. IF, VB, DJS, NS, CJP, IP, BMB, JWJ, AJMdC, RGJW, and JS contributed to writing the paper.