About the Authors
- Judith Stephenson, Elizabeth Allen, Andrew Copas, Anne Johnson
- Department of Infection and Population Health, Division of Population Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
- Vicki Strange, Ann Oakley
- Social Science Research Unit, Institute of Education, London, United Kingdom
- Chris Bonell
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Abdel Babiker
- Medical Research Council, Clinical Trials Unit, London, United Kingdom
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
JS (principal investigator) led on the design and overall conduct of the trial and drafted the paper. JS had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. VS developed methods for collecting and integrating qualitative and quantitative data, coordinated the data collection, and analysed data from the process evaluation. EA and AC were the trial statisticians. AJ contributed to quantitative data collection methodology. CB contributed to quantitative analyses. AB gave statistical advice and supervision. AO proposed doing a trial of peer-led SRE and led the process evaluation. All authors contributed to trial design and/or data interpretation and/or drafting the paper.