About the Authors
- Gordon C. S Smith, Yolande Cordeaux, Dharmintra Pasupathy, Hannah Missfelder-Lobos, D. Stephen Charnock-Jones
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cambridge University, The Rosie Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Ian R White
- Medical Research Council (MRC) Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Jill P Pell
- Department of Public Health, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Michael Fleming
- Information and Statistics Division, National Health Service, Glasgow, United Kingdom
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
GCSS had full access to all of the data in the study, takes responsibility for the integrity of the data, the accuracy of the data analysis, and is the guarantor. GCSS formed the hypothesis. MF performed the linkage and extracted the population data. GCSS and IRW performed the statistical analysis. GCSS and YC designed the contractility studies. YC, DP, and HML recruited patients, conducted the contractility studies, and extracted data. GCSS drafted the paper. GCSS, YC, IRW, DP, HML, JPP, DSCJ, and MF critically reviewed the draft for content and approved the final version of the paper.