About the Authors
- Hans Bisgaard, Klaus Bønnelykke, Christian B Pipper, Liselotte B Halkjaer
- Copenhagen Prospective Studies on Asthma in Childhood, Danish Paediatric Asthma Centre, Copenhagen, University Hospital Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Angela Simpson, Jenny Hankinson, Ashley Woodcock, Adnan Custovic
- School of Translational Medicine, University of Manchester, University Hospital of South Manchester National Health Service Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Colin N.A Palmer, Irwin Mclean
- Population Pharmacogenetics Group, Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
- Somnath Mukhopadhyay
- Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Brighton, United Kingdom
- Brian Lipworth
- Asthma and Allergy Research Group, Division of Medicine and Therapeutics, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
HB has been a consultant to, paid lecturer for, and holds sponsored grants from AstraZeneca, GSK, Merck, MedImmune, NeoLab, and Pfizer. He does not hold stock or options in any pharmaceutical company in the respiratory field. IM has filed two patents relating to genetic testing and therapy development aimed at the filaggrin gene. AC receives grant and research support from GlaxoSmithKline and is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, ALK; and at the speaker's bureau of Astra-Zeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, and UCB Pharma, ALK.
HB, CNAP, and AC conceived and designed the study and obtained funding. KB and LBH collected and assembled the data. HB and AC analysed and interpreted the data. CBP provided statistical expertise. HB drafted the article. AS, CNAP, KB, IM, SM, CBP, LBH, BL, JH, AW, and AC contributed to the critical revision of the article for important intellectual content. HB, AS, CNAP, KB, IM, SM, CBP, LBH, BL, JH, AW, and AC contributed to the final approval of the article and provision of study materials or patients.