About the Authors
- Kimberly A Kelly, Rajesh Anbazhagan, Herlen Alencar, Umar Mahmood, Ralph Weissleder
- Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Nabeel Bardeesy, Sushma Gurumurthy, Justin Berger, Ralph Weissleder
- Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Ronald A DePinho
- Center for Applied Cancer Science of the Belfer Institute for Innovative Cancer Science, Departments of Medical Oncology, Medicine and Genetics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Umar Mahmood, Ralph Weissleder
- Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
KAK and NB designed the experiments/the study. NB, RA, SG, JB, HA, UM, and KAK collected data or did experiments for the study. KAK, NB, RA, SG, HA, and UM analyzed the data. KAK and NB wrote the first draft of the paper. NB, RA, SG, HA, RAD, UM, and RW contributed to writing the paper. SG generated cancer prone mouse colonies, isolated mouse pancreatic tumor specimens, developed mouse pancreatic duct cells, and conducted expression array studies. JB was responsible for coordinating the in vivo studies utilizing PDAC mouse models, maintaining model colonies, collecting sample tissue following injection of PTP and imaging, and analyzing experimental results via histology, etc. following imaging. RAD's laboratory built and characterized the genetically engineered mouse model of pancreas cancer that enabled the study. UM performed in vivo/ex vivo imaging. RW performed/supervised the majority of in vivo imaging studies.