About the Authors
- Carlos A Guerra, Priscilla W Gikandi, Andrew J Tatem, Abdisalan M Noor, Simon I Hay, Robert W Snow
- Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Centre for Geographic Medicine, Kenyan Medical Research Institute–University of Oxford–Wellcome Trust Collaborative Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
- Carlos A Guerra, Andrew J Tatem, Simon I Hay
- Spatial Ecology and Epidemiology Group, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Abdisalan M Noor, Robert W Snow
- Centre for Tropical Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Dave L Smith
- Department of Zoology and Emerging Pathogens Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
CAG, SIH, and RWS wrote the manuscript and developed and implemented the biological rules of exclusion. CAG designed and implemented the databases. CAG, PWG, and RWS compiled and mapped PfAPI and PfPR data. AJT processed the environmental data required for the temperature and aridity masks. CAG implemented the masks and extracted populations at risk. AMN advised on GIS applications. DLS advised on the age-standardization of PfPR data.