About the Authors
- J. Gerardo García-Lerma, Ron A Otten, Shoukat H Qari, Mian-er Cong, Silvina Masciotra, Wei Luo, Caryn Kim, Debra R Adams, Michael Monsour, Jonathan Lipscomb, Jeffrey A Johnson, Robert Janssen, Thomas M Folks, Walid Heneine
- Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Eddie Jackson
- Division of Scientific Resources, National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- David Delinsky, Raymond F Schinazi
- Emory University School of Medicine/Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Decatur, Georgia, United States of America
Authors JGGL, RAO, RJ, TMF, and WH are named in a US Government patent application related to methods for HIV prophylaxis.
JGGL and WH were the principal investigators of the study and drafted the manuscript. TMF, RAO, and RJ contributed substantially to study conception and design and critically reviewed the manuscript. SQ, EJ, MC, SM, WL, CK, DRA, JL, JAJ, DD, and RFS contributed to data collection and analysis. MM performed statistical analysis.