About the Authors
- Steven Riley
- Department of Community Medicine and School of Public Health, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
- Hélène Carabin
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Patrick Bélisle, Lawrence Joseph
- McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Veronica Tallo, Ernesto Balolong, Ryan O'Neal Gonzales, Remigio Olveda
- Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, Muntinlupa City, Republic of the Philippines
- A. Lee Willingham III
- World Health Organization/Food and Agriculture Organization Collaborating Center for Parasitic Zoonoses, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
- Tomas J Fernandez Jr.
- College of Veterinary Medicine, Visayas State University, Baybay, Leyte, Republic of the Philippines
- Stephen T McGarvey
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
SR, HC, EB, and STM designed the study. VT and TJF collected data and performed experiments. SR, HC, and PB analyzed the data. VT and RO enrolled patients. SR, HC, LJ, VT, EB, ALW, ROG, RO, and STM contributed to writing the paper.