About the Authors
- Amy S Nunn, Sofia Gruskin, Joshua A Salomon
- Department of Population and International Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Elize M Fonseca, Francisco I Bastos
- Department of Health Information, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Elize M Fonseca
- Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
- Sofia Gruskin
- Program on International Health and Human Rights, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Joshua A Salomon
- Harvard University Initiative for Global Health, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
In March 2007, after original submission of this paper but before submission of the revised paper, AN accepted a position as a Corporate Relations Manager at the Global Business Coalition (GBC) on AIDS, TB and Malaria. Members of GBC include several generic and innovator pharmaceutical companies and companies that produce active pharmaceutical ingredients for pharmaceutical products. There are no other competing interests to report.
ASN developed the idea for this paper and led all data collection, data analysis, and writing. EMF and FIB contributed to the data collection, analysis, and writing of this paper. SG contributed to the analysis and writing of this paper. JAS contributed to the study design, data analysis, and writing of this paper.