About the Authors
- Angela N Kuntz, Ahmed A Sayed, Lindsay L Califf, David L Williams
- Department of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois, United States of America
- Elisabeth Davioud-Charvet, Jean Dessolin
- Biochemie-Zentrum der Universität Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
- Elisabeth Davioud-Charvet
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Paris, France
- Jean Dessolin
- Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie, CNRS UMR 5144, Bordeaux University, Pessac Cedex, France
- Elias S. J Arnér
- Medical Nobel Institute for Biochemistry, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
All authors have read and approved of the contents of the manuscript and none of the authors have competing financial interests. There is no significant overlap between the submitted manuscript and any other papers from the same authors under consideration or in press elsewhere.
ANK, EDC, AAS, ESJA, and DLW designed the study. ANK, EDC, AAS, and LLC collected data or did experiments for the study. ANK performed the experiments involving recombinant protein expression, biochemical analysis, inhibition assays, and in vitro worm assays, and helped with in vivo experiments. AAS performed the experiments involving RNA interference, cytotoxicity assays, and helped with in vivo experiments. LLC participated in experimental drug studies to test the effects of auranofin on mice infected with S. mansoni and interpreted the results. JD synthesized some of the compounds described herein. ANK, EDC, AAS, LLC, ESJA, and DLW analyzed the data. ANK, EDC, ESJA, and DLW contributed to writing the paper. JD proofread the manuscript prior to submission.