About the Authors
- Jonathan Dushoff
- Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
- Jonathan Dushoff, Cecile Viboud, Mark Miller
- Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Joshua B Plotkin
- Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Lone Simonsen
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda Maryland, United States of America
- Mark Loeb
- Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- David J. D Earn
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
All authors discussed framing and interpretation, and contributed to writing the paper. JD conceived the study and implemented the model. DJDE and JBP helped develop the model and the techniques used to explore parameter space. LS and CV helped guide the exploration of parameter space, including vaccination scenarios and sensitivity analyses. MM and ML contributed to evaluating and clarifying the assumptions and interpretations of the model.