About the Authors
- Sarah E Blutt, Sue E Crawford, Berkeley L Bennett, Pedro A Piedra, Margaret E Conner
- Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, United States of America
- Sarah E Blutt, Margaret E Conner
- Michael E. Debakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
- David O Matson
- Center for Pediatric Research, Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America
- Mary Allen Staat
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
- Parvin Azimi
- Children's Hospital of Oakland, Oakland, California, United States of America
MAS is a member of the advisory boards of GlaxoSmithKline and Merck.
SEB designed the study, analyzed the data, and wrote the manuscript. DOM provided the samples, assisted in study design, performed statistical analyses, and contributed to writing of the manuscript. SEC provided technical assistance on growing infectious virus and analyzed data. MAS and PA were site principal investigators for the clinical studies that resulted in the collection of the prospective case-surveillance study samples analyzed in this study and contributed to the writing of the manuscript. BLB and PAP provided samples from children with bronchiolitis and assisted in data analysis and writing of the manuscript. MEC assisted in the study design, contributed to writing of the manuscript, and secured funds to support the study.