About the Authors
- Shannon L Takala, Amed Ouattara, Paul S Sehdev, Kirsten E Lyke, Christopher V Plowe
- Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Drissa Coulibaly, Mahamadou A Thera, Alassane Dicko, Ando B Guindo, Abdoulaye K Kone, Karim Traore, Amed Ouattara, Abdoulaye A Djimde, Dapa A Diallo, Ogobara K Doumbo
- Malaria Research and Training Center, University of Bamako, Bamako, Mali
- David L Smith
- Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
SLT designed the genotyping methods, carried out the genotyping, analyzed the data, and wrote the paper. DC was the field team leader and a clinical investigator for this study. DC also enrolled patients and contributed to writing the paper. MAT, AD, ABG, AKK, KT, AO, PSS, KEL, DAD, and OKD designed and conducted the malaria incidence study. DLS designed the haplotype estimating algorithm. AAD contributed to writing the paper. CVP designed the malaria incidence study and assisted with analyzing the data and writing the paper.