About the Authors
- Renaud Becquet, Charlotte Sakarovitch, François Dabis, Valériane Leroy, ANRS 1201/1202 Ditrame Plus Study Group
- Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 593, Institut de Santé Publique Epidémiologie et Développement, Université Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
- Laurence Bequet, Didier K Ekouevi, Ida Viho, Gédéon Bedikou, ANRS 1201/1202 Ditrame Plus Study Group
- Projet Agence Nationale de Recherches sur le Sida 1201/1202 Ditrame Plus, Programme PAC-CI, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Treichville, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
- Patricia Fassinou, Marguerite Timite-Konan
- Service de Pédiatrie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Yopougon, Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
RB supervised the nutritional aspects of the study, performed the data analysis, and wrote the manuscript. All coauthors critically revised the manuscript for important intellectual content. LB coordinated the study in Abidjan and cochaired the activity of the event documentation committee. DKE supervised the data management of the study and cochaired the activity of the event documentation committee. IV monitored the study, supervised home visits to trace the patients, and contributed to the event documentation committee. CS contributed to data analysis. PF supervised inpatients at the University Hospital of Yopougon and contributed to the event documentation committee. GB supervised the day-care hospital and contributed to the event documentation committee. MTK was the primary investigator in Côte d'Ivoire, cowrote the protocol, and regularly advised the study team on pediatric issues. FD was the co-primary investigator in France, cowrote the protocol, and provided the link with the peripartum component of the study. VL was the coprimary investigator in France, cowrote the protocol, supervised the methodological and statistical aspects of the study, and participated in manuscript writing.