About the Authors
- Arthur Y Kim, Julian Schulze zur Wiesch, Thomas Kuntzen, Joerg Timm, Daniel E Kaufmann, Jared E Duncan, Andrea M Jones, Benjamin T Davis, Rajesh T Gandhi, Gregory K Robbins, Todd M Allen, Georg M Lauer, Bruce D Walker
- Partners AIDS Research Center and Infectious Disease Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Julian Schulze zur Wiesch, Bruce D Walker
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States of America
- Alysse G Wurcel
- Lemuel Shattuck Hospital, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Raymond T Chung
- Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
AYK, JSzW, GML, and BDW designed the study. AYK, JSzW, TMA, GML, and BDW analyzed the data. AYK, JSzW, AGW, BTD, RTG, GKR, and RTC enrolled patients. AYK, JSzW, TK, JT, DEK, AMJ, BTD, RTG, GKR, TMA, RTC, GML, and BDW contributed to writing the paper. AYK, JSzW, AMJ, and JED performed the tissue culture work, including but not limited to: blood processing, cell culture, lymphoproliferation assays, elispot analysis, flow cytometry, maintaining cell lines, tetramer analysis, and DNA extractions. JT contributed to the sample processing, lymphoproliferation assays, Elispot assays, and cell culture work. TK and JT designed additional experiments to try to amplify virus from time points without detectable plasma viremia. BTD, RTG, and GKR identified patients with recurrent/relapsed HCV from the Infectious Disease Clinic at Massachusetts General Hospital and in collecting clinical data.