About the Authors
- Saurabh Mehandru, Michael A Poles, Patrick Jean-Pierre, Victoria Manuelli, Peter Lopez, Anita Shet, Andrea Low, Hiroshi Mohri, Daniel Boden, Martin Markowitz
- Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
- Michael A Poles
- Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
- Klara Tenner-Racz, Paul Racz
- Bernhard-Nocht Institut Fur Tropenmedizin, Hamburg, Germany
The authors have declared that they do not have commercial or other associations that might cause a conflict of interest.
SM, MAP, and MM designed the study. SM, KTR, PR, and MM analyzed the data. SM, AS, AL, and MM enrolled patients. SM, MAP, KTR, DB, PR, and MM contributed to writing the paper. MAP is the gastroenterologist who performed all the study procedures and specimen collection. SM, PJP, VM, and PL collected data or carried out experiments for the study. KTR and PR provided immunohistochemistry and quantification of T cells in the LP, in situ hybridization and identification of cells with HIV gene expression, and the photomicrographs for this manuscript.