About the Authors
- Jeffrey T.-J Huang, Lan Wang, Sabine Bahn
- Institute of Biotechnology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- F. Markus Leweke, Dagmar Koethe, Christoph W Gerth, Brit M Nolden, Sonja Gross, Daniela Schreiber
- Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
- David Oxley
- Proteomics Research Group, Babraham Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Nathan Harris, Benjamin Reed
- Ciphergen Biosystems Ltd., Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
SB initiated and conceptualized the study. JTJH, FML, and SB designed the study. JTJH, FML, and LW analyzed the data. FML, DK, CWG, BMN, SG, and DS enrolled patients. JTJH, FML, and SB contributed to writing the paper. JTJH, FML, DO, LW, NH, DK, CWG, and SG collected data or carried out experiments for the study. DO performed the ESI-MS/MS and data analyses that identified the VGF peptide and the transthyretin. NH and BR helped design the initial pilot studies and collected some data from the experiments, as well as providing technical assistance and input regarding the identification of the proteins described in this paper. BR also coordinated all collaborative interactions with Ciphergen Biosystems.