About the Authors
- Marcus Altfeld, Elizabeth T Kalife, Hendrik Streeck, Mathias Lichterfeld, Mary N Johnston, Nicole Burgett, Martha E Swartz, Amy Yang, Galit Alter, Xu G Yu, Angela Meier, Todd M Allen, Eric S Rosenberg, Bruce D Walker
- Partners AIDS Research Center, Infectious Disease Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Division of AIDS, Harvard Medical School Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Ying Qi, Mary Carrington
- Basic Research Program, SAIC-Frederick, Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
- Hendrik Streeck, Heiko Jessen
- Gemeinschaftspraxis Jessen, Berlin, Germany
- Juergen K Rockstroh
- Department of Internal Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
- Bruce D Walker
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
MA and BW designed the study. MA, EK, YQ, HS, ML, MES, TMA, ER, MC, and BW analyzed the data. MNJ, NB, HJ, and ER enrolled patients. MA, HS, JR, HJ, MC, and BW contributed to writing the paper. EK and HS performed experiments and analyzed data for this study. ML performed some of the ELISPOT assays described in the manuscript and analyzed the corresponding data. AY contributed to collecting patient samples. GA ran ELISPOTs and prepared samples that were used as data for the manuscript. XY was involved in performing the experiments. TMA determined entropy scores for sequence variability. YQ and MC provided relative hazards for the HLA alleles and performed correlation analyses.