About the Authors
- Giovanna Zanoni, Giuseppe Tridente
- Section of Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
- Riccardo Navone, Claudio Lunardi, Caterina Bason, Ruggero Beri, Roberto Corrocher
- Section of Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
- Simona Sivori, Antonio Puccetti
- Section of Histology, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
- Marzia Dolcino, Antonio Puccetti
- Immunology Unit, Institute G. Gaslini, Genova, Italy
- Enrico Valletta
- Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Verona, Verona, Italy
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
GZ, CL, and AP conceived the idea and were the principal investigators of the Verona and Genova teams, respectively. RN screened the peptide library and performed the majority of the experiments. CB was responsible for purification of the antibodies. RB performed some of the ELISA tests. MD synthesized the peptides used throughout the study. SS performed the FACS analysis. EV was responsible for the pediatric patients selection. GT and RC advised on the preparation of the report. CL and AP wrote the article with input from GZ.