About the Authors
- Thelma E Tupasi, Ma Imelda D Quelapio, Ruth B Orillaza, Nona Rachel Mira, Nellie V Mangubat, Virgil Belen, Nida Arnisto, Lualhati Macalintal, Michael Arabit
- Tropical Disease Foundation, Manila, Philippines
- Rajesh Gupta, Marcos Espinal, Katherine Floyd
- Stop TB Department, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
- Rajesh Gupta
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
- Jaime Y Lagahid
- Infectious Disease Office, National Center for Disease Prevention and Control, Department of Health, Manila, Philippines
None of the authors have any financial or personal relationship with people or organizations who could inappropriately bias the study. The corresponding author had full access to all the data collected for the study.
All authors were involved in study design: TET, RG, MIDQ, RBO, NRM, NVM, VB, NA, LM, MA, JYL, ME, and KF. TET and MIDQ led data collection. KF provided overall guidance to the study. TET, MIDQ, RBO, and NRM analysed treatment outcomes. MA and RG analysed drug costs. NRM was primarily responsible for data collection related to patient and family costs, and NA made contributions to data collection. KF and RG conducted the cost and cost-effectiveness analysis, wrote the first draft of the manuscript, and produced the final version of the paper. With the exception noted below for NA, all authors contributed to the interpretation of the data and revisions to the paper and agreed upon the final version. NA, who was a public health nurse in the DOTS Clinic at MMC, migrated to the US and did not leave any contact e-mail, telephone number, or address. Consequently, we were not able to contact her, and hence she was not able to supply PLoS Medicine personally with the details of her contribution to the manuscript or any competing interests. As her supervisor, TET has attested that NA contributed to the data collection and to the best of her knowledge NA had no conflicting interest that should be noted.