About the Authors
- Ben A Lopman, Christl A Donnelly, Geoff P Garnett, Constance Nyamukapa, Simon Gregson
- Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Ruanne V Barnabas, Kezia Gaitskell, Tara Harrop
- Somerville College, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom
- J. Ties Boerma
- Measurement and Health Information Systems, Evidence and Information for Policy, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
- Godwin Chawira, Peter Mason, Constance Nyamukapa, Simon Gregson
- Biomedical Research and Training Institute, Harare, Zimbabwe
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
BAL, PM, CAD, GPG, and CN designed the study. BAL, KG, and TH analyzed the data. GC and SG enrolled patients. BAL, RVB, JTB, PM, CAD, GPG, and SG contributed to writing the paper. RVB contributed to assessing the cause of death from the verbal autopsy data. JTB contributed to the design of the study. GC performed verbal autopsy interviews, and checked and cleaned data for inconsistencies. KG and TH contributed to the evaluation and analysis of the verbal autopsy data.