About the Authors
- Smadar Eventov-Friedman, Dalit Tchorsh, Helena Katchman, Elias Shezen, Anna Aronovich, Gil Hecht, Benjamin Dekel, Ilan Feine, Orna Tal, Yair Reisner
- Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
- Gideon Rechavi
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and Functional Genomics Unit, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
- Bruce R Blazar
- University of Minnesota Cancer Center and Department of Pediatrics, Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
- Enrique Freud
- Department of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikvah, Israel
YR is a shareholder and Chair of the Scientific Advisory Board of Tissera, which supported this work. BD is a shareholder in Tissera.
SEF, DT, HK, BRB, and YR designed the study. SEF, DT, HK, ES, AA, GH, GR, IF, OT, and EF collected data or did experiments for the study. DT was responsible mainly for the immunosuppressive part of the article, planning and analyzing results associated with reduced immunogenicity of the pig embryonic tissue and the immunocompetent mice. DT took part in many stages of most of the experiments described in the paper. ES was involved in performing the histological and immunohistological work. GH assisted in some of the transplantation experiments. IF assisted in antibody and drug administration to the mice. OT assisted with the transplantation procedures and with drug and antibody administration to the animals. EF was involved with the surgical procedures of pig pancreas implantation. SEF, DT, HK, GR, and YR analyzed the data. SEF, BD, BRB, and YR contributed to writing the paper.