About the Authors
- Melissa L Williams, Jason E Coleman, Shannon E Haire, Susan L Semple-Rowland
- Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida McKnight Brain Institute, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
- Jason E Coleman
- Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Tomas S Aleman, Artur V Cideciyan, Samuel G Jacobson
- Department of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Izabel Sokal
- Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Krzysztof Palczewski
- Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
JEC and SLSR and the University of Florida have submitted a provisional patent that may result in commercialization of some of the technology described in this work.
MLW and SEH developed the injection and hatching procedures and carried out the behavioral analyses. JEC developed the lentiviral vectors and viral packaging procedures and conducted the in vitro immunocytochemical analyses. TSA, AVC, and SGJ conducted the electrophysiological experiments. IS and KP conducted the biochemical analyses of the function of the lentiviral vectors. SLSR conducted the immunohistochemical, morphological, and molecular analyses and oversaw the organization of this study. SLSR was the lead author and was assisted in the preparation of the manuscript by all authors.