About the Authors
- Verena Ilona Carrara, Stephane Proux, Valery Gilbos, Al Brockman, Elizabeth A Ashley, Rose McGready, François Nosten
- Shoklo Malaria Research Unit, Tak, Thailand
- Verena Ilona Carrara, Al Brockman, Elizabeth A Ashley, Rose McGready, Srivicha Krudsood, Somjai Leemingsawat, Nicholas White, François Nosten
- Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Verena Ilona Carrara, Sornchai Looareesuwan, Pratap Singhasivanon
- Departments of Medical Entomology, Tropical Hygiene and Clinical Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Supakit Sirilak, Janjira Thonglairuam
- Public Health Office, Tak, Thailand
- Chaiporn Rojanawatsirivet
- Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi, Thailand
- Elizabeth A Ashley, Rose McGready, Nicholas White, François Nosten
- Centre for Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
NW is chairman of the World Health Organization malaria treatment guidelines committee and is on the editorial board of PLoS Medicine. The authors have no other conflict of interest to declare.
S. Sirilak, P. Singhasivanon, N. White, and F. Nosten conceptualized and designed the project. V. I. Carrara coordinated the cross-sectional surveys, interpreted the results of all study components, and drafted the manuscript, with F. Nosten. J. Thonglairuam managed the data entry of the public health data and conducted preliminary results of morbidity and mortality. A. Brockman coordinated and analysed the in vitro studies, E. A. Ashley the in vivo studies, and R. McGready the studies related to pregnant women. S. Proux supervised and controlled the quality of all laboratory results. V. Gilbos developed and supervised the Information Education Communication programme. C. Rojanawatsirivet, S. Krudsood, S. Leemingsawat, and S. Looareesuwan coordinated and analysed part of the entomological data. All authors revised the manuscript for intellectual content.