About the Authors
- Ruanne V Barnabas
- Cancer Epidemiology Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Ruanne V Barnabas, Geoff P Garnett
- Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
- Päivi Laukkanen, Pentti Koskela, Matti Lehtinen
- National Public Health Institute, Helsinki and Oulu, Finland
- Päivi Laukkanen
- Finnish Cancer Registry, Institute for Statistical and Epidemiological Cancer Research, Helsinki, Finland
- Osmo Kontula
- Family Federation of Finland, Helsinki, Finland
- Matti Lehtinen
- School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
GPG and RVB are consultants for Sanofi-Pasteur MSD.
ML and GPG led the design of the study. RVB and GPG were primarily responsible for developing the mathematical model of HPV infection and progression to cervical cancer. PK was responsible for the serological data. OK was responsible for the sexual behaviour data. RVB and PL were primarily responsible for the estimation of HPV 16 transmission probability. PL was responsible for the statistical analyses and Finnish demographic and health care data. RVB and GPG were responsible for the vaccination scenarios. RVB, PL, PK, OK, ML and GPG participated in interpretation of the results and writing and revision of the report.